It feels like the lockdown may last forever and we get it, catching up with our friends online would be fantastic, but the idea of having to muster enough energy to actually organise something, is just more than we can take right now... SOUND FAMILIAR?!
Well, we thought that we would help you out with that!
Below is a quiz (click the link at the bottom to get the answers). There are 7 rounds and the quiz should take less than an hour to play. So, if you are feeling brainy (or simply want to kill some time) then why not grab a few of your mates on Zoom/Teams/Skype/Messenger and give it a go?!
ROUND 1: Cryptic Round...
Work out the 6 names of famous singers by solving the set of clues (there are 3 clues for each name). There is one point for each fully correct name.
CLUE 1: Useful if you want to catch a fish (ROD)
CLUE 2: Slow cooked meat and vegetables in liquid (STEW)
CLUE 3: The visual expression or application of a creative skill (ART)
ANSWER: ROD STEW ART
(i) Renaissance marble sculpture created by Michelangelo
(ii) To bend from the hip
(iii) 5th letter
(i) Uk national
(ii) Joint of the leg
(iii) Pointed sticks used as weapons
(i) Another word for Yuletide or Christmas
(ii) Ships kitchen
(iii) Noise a tiger makes
(i) Asda clothing range
(ii) Something to amplify sound
(i) The duck in the broom cupboard
(ii) To give a sheep a haircut
(iii) To move quicker than a walk
(i) Where cockneys may say Satan lives
(ii) 1,000 kilograms
(iii) JFKs 1st name
ROUND 2: Pot Luck
1. Which band sang Shang a Lang in the 1970s
2. On which Caribbean Island is the Bay of Pigs
3. The adjective CAPRINE relates to which type of animal
4. Which band released the single TUBTHUMPING in 1997
5. In which county is Beachy Head
6. What is a scout rally called
7. What is the name of Tin Tins dog
8. What was Inspector Morse’s first name
9. Who wrote the play The Crucible
10. Where does Enid Blytons' character of Noddy live
ROUND 3: TV & FILM
1. In the 1960s children's TV show The Herbs, what was the name of the dog
2. What were the names of the 3 tunnels dug by the POWs in the film The Great Escape
3. What is Bruce Willis’s character name in the Die Hard films
4. Where in Essex did Gavin from Gavin in Stacey live
5. Pongo & Perdita are a couple in which Disney film
6. Clark Kent and Lois Lane worked for which newspaper
7. Until the success of Titanic at the 1998 academy awards which movie held the record for winning the most Oscars
8. What make and model car is used as a time machine in the Back to The Future franchise
9. Who starred as agent Neville Flynn in the 2006 film Snakes on a Plane
10. What is the name of the fictional island on which the series Death in Paradise is set
ROUND 4 & 5 (History & Sporting Venues)
1.What was an old five shilling piece called
2.During which war did operation desert storm take place
3.Which was the 1st motorway to be completed in Britain
4.Who was the longest reigning British King
5.In 1913 what make and model of car became the first to be mass produced on an assembly line
1.Which ground usually hosts the FA cup final
2.Which famous sporting venue is located in SW19
3.What is the name of the test cricket ground in Birmingham
4.Becketts is a corner on which racing circuit
5.The Lakeside Leisure Complex at Frimley Green in Surrey is home to the world championship in which indoor sport
ROUND 6: FOOD & DRINK
1. Which type of beans are used to make Baked Beans
2. Which year did the Great British Bake Off 1st Appear on TV
3. Eccles Cakes come from which UK county
4. Which French city is known for its’ fish stew Bouillabaisse?
5. Which nut do you find in pesto?
6. Which American state is Jack Daniels whiskey commonly associated with?
7. What is the spiciest chilli in the world?
8. What is tasseography?
9. What country drinks the most tea?
10. Bulmer’s Original Vintage Cider’ is a brand of cider produced in Ireland. By what name is it sold outside of Ireland?
ROUND 7: MUSIC OPENING LYRICS
Below are the opening lyrics of 10 very famous songs. In this round you can score MEGA POINTS!!! (1 point for the correct song title, 1 point for the band/singer, 1 point for the year song was released)
1. Look into my eyes You will see What you mean to me. Search your heart Search your soul and when you find me there you'll search no more
2. Ooh You can dance You can jive, Having the time of your life
3. Confidence is a preference For the habitual voyeur of what is known as...
4. Lord almighty I feel my temperature rising, Higher higher It's burning through to my soul
5. I, I will be King And you, You will be Queen, Though nothing Will drive them away
6. I live in an apartment on the ninety-ninth floor of my block and I sit at home looking out the window imagining the world has stopped
7. Breathe with me, Breathe the pressure, Come play my game, I'll test ya Psychosomatic, addict, insane
8. Yeah, I was working part time in a five-and-dime, My boss was Mr. McGee, He told me several times that he didn't like my kind, 'Cause I was a bit too leisurely
9. What you see, you can get, Nothing's free, nothing's said, Don’t be fooled by the signs. Don't read in between the lines
10.Didn't I make you feel like you were the only man? Didn't I give you everything that a woman possibly can?
QUIZ ANSWERS (THERE IS A BLANK PAGE IN BETWEEN EACH ROUND, SO YOU CAN SCORE EACH ROUND AS YOU GO, WITHOUT CHEATING)!!!!